Friday, March 7, 2008

A reluctant start

Well here I am! Two weeks late and very nervous about this whole thing! I have never been very confident with new and ever changing information and communication technology, and now, so very close to retirement, to be honest, I am not very enthusiastic about learning new things. And the fact that all this is so public makes it even harder. This may take most people out there 15 minutes to do, but it has taken me ages! I have just lost my first post before I 'published' it, so now I am redoing the whole thing. Still, it's a challenge, and I'll give it a go!
From what I've seen so far out there in the blogland, I can see blogging as very useful for libraries.
I like STRL's 'History Matters'. What a great way to promote collections and events and at the same time involve the community!
I hope to learn enough to be able to do similar things for my library. I also hope I don't lose this draft before I 'publish' it!
Sarah

2 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

I am glad you are persisting through the difficulties. Setting up the blog is the hardest part of the course so congratulations on doing that.

Ellen (PLS)

Amanda said...

I too am glad you are persisting through the new learning curve your in, I to seem to take much longer than the 15 minutes in fact it feels like hours but I am slowly getting there and so will you.