Wednesday, April 23, 2008

PODCASTS AND AUDIO

I must admit that Podcasts do not hold much interest for me. This probably has a lot to do with my age, but I can see how they would be interesting to younger people. A good example of this would be the Cheshire Public Library Podcast (Library Success wiki).The podcast is entirely teen-driven cultural magazine, featuring teen writers, musicians,reviewers and more.
Public Library of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County uses podcasts mainly for writers/poets talks and readings.
Podcasts can also be used for children's books reading, staff discussions and meetings, tour guides, educational lessons/lectures, and probably much more.
Personally, I found that some of them took a while to load and sound quality was not very good in some cases.
I looked at Stanford University's free podcast courses in the Online Education Database, but the download time was around 30 minutes, so in the end i gave up. But I must admit that there were one or two courses there that looked very interesting. So perhaps I will revisit their site soon and explore some more.

No comments: