Friday, April 18, 2008

Video Embeding

This was both fun and frustrating! I really enjoyed exploring and I have spent hours looking up different subjects on YouTube and Google. It really is addictive!
It is great to see that some libraries are taking full advantage of this new technology and I can certainly see how video embedding can be used for oral history, staff induction purposes, book reviews, displays and promotions and so on.
The frustrating part was embedding the video. I had no problem adding it as video bar, but I had lots of trouble copying URL from the YouTube, and it took ages before I realised that you actually copy it into the text window without clicking on the video icon.
I am not sure how much of this I'll be able to use at my library, but I am very glad that I have learned how to do it.

No comments: