Wednesday, April 16, 2008

wikis

I really enjoyed this learning exercise! I only wish I had more time to explore!
There is soooooo much out there but not enough time to look at everything.
I did manage to visit a few of the reccommended WIKIs though.
The Book Lovers WIKI was quite good, and so was Montana History WIKI.
I noticed that input into Montana History WIKI is by "Invite Keys" only.
I thought that "The full library success: A best practice WIKI" was very good.
Our Council's manuals and procedures are stored in TRIM, and anyone who ever used TRIM knows how dificult it is to find something when you need it.
I think hosting a WIKI on intranet would be a better alternative.
WIKIs can also be used by staff for joint projects and to coordinate events, specially for libraries with multiple branches.
I have looked at WIKIpedias, but haven't had a chance to contribute yet. Hope to do it soon.

No comments: